"I don't do business that don't make me smile."

These lyrics from the song Treetop Flyer by Stephen Stills always rang true to me. The interactions and experiences that we present to ourselves and how we respond to them is what comprises our life. Why not experience things that bring joy to you?

I am not suggesting that interactions and relationships need to be blissful or joyful all the time. That is not realistic.

But, if interactions not bringing you joy or making you smile on a regular basis, why would you continue to do it? Life is meant to be joyful.

If you are regularly dreading a job, relationship, client, or any interaction, maybe it is time to make some changes. You could change the parameters of the interaction. Or you could choose to interact with someone or something else. I am not suggesting you spontaneously quit your job or leave your relationship. I am suggesting that you consider how you are choosing to live your life.

Do you believe in your abundance enough to see alternatives for yourself? Do you believe it is possible?

Or... do you submit to the fear of: "I better hold onto to that job with the economy the way it is." Or, "If I leave this person, I may not meet anyone else."

There are a lot of people and opportunities on the planet. There ought to be interactions available to you that make you smile- at least most of the time.

Life is so short. Why hang out in interactions that you continually do not enjoy?

6 comments (Add your own)

1. Tamera Lacock wrote:
Hey, I like this post.

Tue, September 13, 2011 @ 7:02 AM

2. click the following webpage wrote:
Hey would you mind stating which blog platform you're using? I'm looking to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique. P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!|

Tue, March 5, 2013 @ 3:04 PM

3. wrote:
An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker who
had been doing a little homework on this. And he in fact bought me dinner because I stumbled upon it for him...
lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!!
But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this issue here on your blog.

Thu, October 4, 2018 @ 3:02 AM

4. wrote:
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it
seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting
videos to your blog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

Sat, October 6, 2018 @ 3:54 PM

5. wrote:
Highly descriptive article, I loved that a lot.
Will there be a part 2?

Wed, October 10, 2018 @ 5:28 AM

6. wrote:
This is a topic that's close to my heart... Best wishes!
Exactly where are your contact details though?

Wed, October 24, 2018 @ 9:04 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.