An addition to the law of attraction?

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne describes a "law of attraction" that governs the way that we can attract the things we want to ourselves. Byrne explains "negation" one element of this law, "The law of attraction doesn't compute 'don't' or 'not' or 'no' or any other words of negation." As you speak words of negation, such as I don't want a bad haircut, the law of attraction is receiving, "I want bad haircuts." She concludes, "The Law of attraction gives you what you are thinking about- period."

Bart Anderson, teaching from a Native American perspective, explained, "Spirit only knows the collective and connection. It does not recognize "I consciousness" and separation." He continued, "If you want your prayer or intention to be answered, always pray in terms of "we." Include other people in your "stream of consciousness" or people working with the same awarenesses as you. He added, "Make sure that your intent is what is best for the whole. Then Spirit will answer your prayer."

So maybe it is time for an addition to the law of attraction. This additional law would state that the law of attraction only recognizes things that are based on the collective or "we consciousness." If I say I want this for the gratification of my ego, this additional law of attraction does not hear it. However, if you say I want this so it can benefit a number of people including myself, the added law of attraction receives that and provides what you are after.

Of course, that would require seeing ourselves as part of something greater than ourselves.

5 comments (Add your own)

1. Vladimir wrote:
Most people that I went to law scoohl with did not have a Master's degree or a Ph.D unless they were older students.I went straight to law scoohl out of college; however, I was the second-youngest person in my class- I graduated at 24. Most people seemed to graduate from college, work a few years, then went to law scoohl. It's very expensive so I can understand why they did that. And just remember: more degrees = more debt! My law scoohl debt is over $ 80,000- I can't imagine having debt from a Master's program as well.Having a Master's doesn't really impress law firms or public interest law jobs from what I understand. They pretty much only care that you did well in scoohl, graduated and passed the bar exam. They don't care much about anything else.

Wed, January 16, 2013 @ 10:08 PM

2. wrote:
Good day I am so glad I found your webpage, I really
found you by mistake, while I was researching on Askjeeve for something
else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like
to say thanks for a incredible post and a all round thrilling blog
(I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read through it all at
the minute but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great work.

Sat, October 6, 2018 @ 12:54 PM

3. wrote:
Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictures on this blog
loading? I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if
it's the blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sun, October 7, 2018 @ 9:41 PM

4. wrote:
What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It positively useful and it has helped me out loads.
I am hoping to contribute & assist different users like its aided me.

Great job.

Wed, October 24, 2018 @ 12:59 PM

5. wrote:
An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who
was conducting a little homework on this. And he in fact bought me dinner due to the fact that I found it for him...

lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!!
But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this topic here on your web site.

Fri, November 2, 2018 @ 10:07 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.